Pageviews

Monday 8 November 2010

Motherboard Review : ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO


Hello all, back again with another post.  

Today i'm reviewing the  ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard. I'm using it in combination with the AMD Phenom Quad Core 945 3.0 Ghz CPU.

I bought this combo for 45 quid with 2 gigs of RAM , a bargain I think.
Upon fist glance, the motherboard has presence. The chocolate brown board with the anodized blue components look really nice and compliments well for those of you who have windowed cases and some nice neons (blue and green look very nice).

This is an AMD 785G platform, with a purpose for media and gaming. Before my graphics card was plugged in, I used the on-board ATI HD4200 Graphics. This is a fantastic integrated chip and takes onboard gaming to an entirely new level. I could play Fallout 3 medium settings happily and source games maxed out at 1280x1024. Its compatible with Direct X 10 and pixel shader version 3.0

The BIOS is rather good, giving you adequate overclocking properties for your RAM,CPU and GPU. and is simple and clear to use. Graphics connections include VGA,DVI-D, and HDMI. I highly recommend using the HDMI cable, or at least HDMI to DVI-D, because the difference in picture is simply outstanding.

It has 6 USB ports and onboard HD Audio and Gfx, and gives a clear and crisp sound through my 12 inch speaker. The EVO also supports ATI crossfire, so you can have dual Gfx cards, and a Ram compatibility of up to 16 gigs.

I highly recommend this with the CPU mentioned above, they work brilliantly together.

Its extremely fast with Ubuntu and allows me to play games on Wine/Linux ported, without a noticeable frame rate drop compared to Windows, and can Run overclocked very stable.

Overall, this is a fantastic Mobo at around 60 pounds and if you're in the market for a new one, buy it.

Thanks,
              Harry

No comments: